To apply please send your resume here
Client Service Manager
Are you one of those technically proficient and creative individuals who wish they’d had an opportunity to contribute to a major institution in its infancy? If you are, then we can’t wait to meet you! At DataOceans, you’ll face new challenges every day that will demand new and innovative solutions. Our culture is all about working hard and playing hard in a fun-loving environment.
We are looking for a Client Service Manager to join the DataOceans’ Client Services team. In this role, the Client Service Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day support of clients with the DataOceans software solution. This position requires analytical and technical acumen. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year degree and some IT knowledge in software, database, web-based technologies and QA testing. We are looking for someone with 1-3 years of experience with Software Development Project Management (i.e. familiar with the software development life cycle). We are looking for a quick learner who is willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging technical environment and perform multiple roles if needed.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Communicate with clients in an impactful manner to help foster strong relationships.
- Coordinate production support activities and participate in troubleshooting implementation issues.
- Provide post-implementation account management for customers. Must have a full understanding of all processes, integration points, and application configurations to effectively troubleshoot issues and escalate to the development team if unable to resolve.
- Coordinate the deployment of all upgrades/modifications to the production application. Must have a full understanding of all changes, impacts and risks. Must be able to communicate these modifications to the client pre-deployment and post-deployment.
- Must coordinate and/or perform deliverable testing to ensure modifications function properly.
- Initiate and lead project planning activities such as scope definition, requirements gathering and scope management as it relates to Amended Service Requests (ASRs).
- Proactively manage IT projects involving interrelated disciplines and multiple stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in the planning, coordination, design, and development of client deliverables that meet business and mission requirements.
- Develop and manage internal and client project expectations while ensuring all applicable functional areas in DataOceans are engaged on the project.
- Create and maintain a project schedule for each project by identifying and monitoring: overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, ETAs, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Manage the overall project plan, budget, task descriptions, estimates and a work breakdown schedule, monitor project performance and associated deliverables, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Coordinate with other client service managers and organizational entities to identify and monitor issues, risks, impacts and dependencies.
- Coordinate meetings, as needed, to initiate working sessions, resolve project issues, etc.
- If needed, perform Quality Assurance testing to certify that client-requested changes function as expected.
- Provide internal stakeholders and client with project progress statuses.
- Anticipate client needs and make recommendations.
- Effectively convey our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Identify business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project and refer them to the appropriate team.
- Display strong understanding of the organization’s business strategies and apply knowledge to all project activities.
- Build relationships with all functional areas and manage stakeholder expectations.
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2-4 years of professional experience in a client services, project management, and/or consulting role
- Knowledge of and experience with the software development project lifecycle (e.g., design, development, QA testing, implementation, etc.)
- QA Testing experience would be beneficial
- Experience managing multiple projects and project teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Project)
- Self-starter, quick learner, and attentive to details
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Customer Service orientation with excellent verbal and written communications and telephone skills
- Problem-solving skills with ability to perform root cause analysis
- Organization and time management skills: Operates independently with minimal guidance by management
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Dependable, accountable and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate with all levels within DataOceans and client organizations
- Entrepreneurial spirit
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance as well as a generous 401k matching program.
Our team is focused on ensuring you are positioned to thrive.